Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Unable to offer you a position"

I applied to work at Aspen Grove this year... and I didn't make the cut.  I was so sure that I would get in - especially due to the Disneyland job experience; a place like Aspen Grove seemed right up my alley.  I guess I'm just not what they're looking for, aww nuts.

Hopefully this is just a "one door closed to another one open" situation.  I know that I could get a job back at Jamba Juice in a heartbeat if I wanted to... but I really REALLY don't want to.  I'd much rather do something Disney-related, outdoors, or find somewhere they might be looking for a receptionist.  It's really disappointing though.  I'm not sure what to do now.  I definitely want to stay in Provo over the summer, even though it will cost me a lot more than moving back to Heber.  I think my job options are much better and much more available where I am, and this way I'll be able to work through the school year and not stress about finding another job for that period of time when positions are closing, rather than opening.

The only lemonade that comes from this now would be to look forward to another job opportunity.  Hopefully something fun will come my way, even if it's not the same kind of family fun!  I just want to be happy.

In a way this is kind of a blessing.  I had been looking forward to the position I applied for - working with infants.  But the other night I worked with child care for a class - let's just say I was less than prepared to come up with activities for the kids.  I was starting to worry about working at Aspen Grove.  I worried if I'd have the energy week after week to take care of 40 infants/toddlers every day (not alone, of course).  I think for now I'd better work on my people skills - find a job where I can associate more with my peers.

The only thing I ask in my job search - let me find something that is unrelated to food service!!

No comments:

Post a Comment